Laxology Girls Lacrosse Camp is directed by the James Madison University Head Coach Shelley Klaes-Bawcombe on JMU’s beautiful campus in the heart of Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley. The camp’s Duke Dog Division is designed for rising 5th – 8th graders and the Elite Division for rising 9th – 12th graders. Whether you are a beginner or have an interest in preparing for collegiate competition, this camp is for you. Our goal is to bring the player in and give her the appropriate instruction and training she needs to improve and enjoy the game. Let us help you take your game to the next level.
When: July 8-10, 2019
Where: James Madison University Recreational Fields
- Duke Dog Division: 5th – 8th graders
- Elite Division: 9th – 12th graders
Group Discount (4+) $25 off
Sibling Discount (2+) $25 off
JMU Employee Discount $25 off
In order to receive any of the above discounts please email firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to registering.
SUMMER CAMP - DUKE DOG DIVISION : JULY 8 - 10
SUMMER CAMP - ELITE DIVISION : JULY 8 - 10
Deposits for all campers have a non-refundable fee of $150. For a full refund (minus deposit), Laxology must receive in writing by email, notice of cancellation 2 weeks before the start date of camp. Any cancellations less than 2 weeks till up to the start date, may receive a credit to their account if requested before the first day of camp (minus deposit). A full refund within 2 weeks will only be given if a doctor’s note is provided with reasonable explanation of the athlete’s inability to perform. Any cancellations after the first day of camp will forfeit the full tuition.
Directions / Facilities
- Check-in will be at Shenandoah Hall dorm on Monday at noon.
- Check-out on Wednesday will also be at the dorm.
- Please use the following directions to access Shenandoah Hall.
From the North
Take I-81 south to exit 245. At the end of the exit ramp, make a right at the light onto Port Republic Rd. Make an immediate right into the JMU campus on Bluestone Dr. At the first light, make a right onto Carrier Dr. Continue on Carrier Dr. over the bridge and past the ISAT building. You will then pass the new library on your right. As you come around the bend, you'll want to look for the C12 parking lot on your left. There will be a sign for Laxology parking. This is where you will park. For your convenience, there is a drop-off loop where parents can unload campers and their luggage before they park. The loop is in front of the Festival Student Center on the right, just past the C12 lot.
From the South
Take I-81 north to exit 245. At the end of the exit ramp, make a left at the light onto Port Republic Rd. After crossing over I-81, make an immediate right into the JMU campus on Bluestone Dr. At the first light, make a right onto Carrier Dr. Continue on Carrier Dr. over the bridge and past the ISAT building. You will then pass the new library on your right. As you come around the bend, you'll want to look for the C12 parking lot on your left. There will be a sign for Laxology parking. This is where you will park. For your convenience, there is a drop-off loop where parents can unload campers and their luggage before they park. The loop is in front of the Festival Student Center on the right, just past the C12 lot.
To get to Shenandoah Hall from the parking lot, walk across the street toward the Festival Conference & Student Center. Go around to the left side of the Festival building and take the stairs down. Head left off the stairs toward the dormitories. Potomac Hall will be the first building on your left.
|12:00 – 1:30pm||Check in|
|8:00-8:30pm||OPTIONAL Camper Counselor Game|
|1:00 -3:15pm||Afternoon Session|
|3:30pm||check out @ dorm|
Accommodations / Meals
Resident campers will stay in one of James Madison University’s newest and air-conditioned residence halls. JMU’s food services, ranked #2 in the Nation by Princeton Review, will serve health conscious meals to keep the campers fueled all day. Residents receive breakfast, lunch & dinner. Commuters are provided lunch & dinner. Meals start with dinner on Monday and end with breakfast on Wednesday.
- For resident campers there will be a mandatory Room & Meal Card Deposit of $30. Please bring a check (payable to “Laxology Inc.”) with you to registration. No cash will be accepted. The check will be kept with the registration form and upon check-out will be voided and destroyed unless you request it to be returned when the cards are turned back in.
- Off note: campers are not provided with lunch on Monday, so please ensure you have eaten before our first camper meeting at 1:30pm and camp session at 2:00pm. Dinner will be served after this session. As dinner is before our last lacrosse session of the day, it is advised you bring some snacks in case you get the munchies late night after having played again. There are vending machines in the dorm and pizza can be ordered through the camp store at night, if desired.
What to Bring
- Athletic apparel (shorts, t-shirts, socks, etc.) Bring plenty of each.
- Grass cleats, turfs and sneakers
- Personal medication
- Alarm clock/phone
- Twin bed extra long flat sheets
- Pillow and bedding or sleeping bag
- Sweatshirt, sweatpants
- Toothbrush, towel and other toiletries
- Spending money (e.g. pizza orders, camp store)
- Lacrosse stick
- Molded mouth guard
- If you are a goalkeeper, bring all of your gear, none will be provided